Monday, February 21, 2011

January 2010



I landed in Buenos Aires, Argentina on the 9th of January. I had booked a months worth of spanish classes through a company called RealGap I booked a home stay with them. But when I got there I was slightly dissapointed that I was in a hostel and that there was no plan to move me in with a family. So the company that Realgap does its courses through is called Expanish. I now know that I should have just booked through Expanish it would have saved me a lot of money but thats a lesson learned. Anyways I spent the month taking Spanish classes. I have to say I learned a lot of Spanish in that month more than I did in my two years in high school. Since there was very little to no English spoken in class it forced me to learn Spanish quickly. Also being in the home stay with a family that didn't speak English greatly helped me. I highly recommend taking a Foreign language abroad. It's so much more practical. One of the guys that was in the class with me turned me on to the idea of booking a last minute deal to Antarctica. This sounded like such a cool and exotic thing to do. So I researched it and contacted the company that he had used. I finished my classes in Early February and had some time to kill before the boat was going to leave from Ushuaia, Argentina.

Pictures
Top:Me at La Boca vs River game in Mar del Plata. Organized by Expanish as a culture tour.
Bottom:Tres De Febrero park in Palermo. My favorite place to go and relax and do homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment