Sunday, June 5, 2011

January 2011


On the second Alanna and I headed back up to Toronto where we spent a few more days as a couple before I took off to go and see my brother, his girlfriend and my niece. I have yet to meet her she was born on April 2nd the day I arrived in Machu Picchu. Which makes her 8 months old now, the first time seeing her. It was kind of bad luck for me to be traveling and not being there to see my niece when she was born. After spending a night in Portland area Andrew and I headed up to our Grandparents house in Kennewick, Washington. Katie and Naomi were supposed to come but Grandma was sick and she didn't want to get Naomi sick. It was nice visiting with my grandparents and talking about my travels. My grandpa passed the traveling gene's to my dad who passed them to me. While we were there my grandparents had us go through there house which they were cleaning out. Seeing if we wanted anything. We ended up taking a whole car full of stuff home. My Grandparents had/have things from all over the world but many things from the Pacific and Asia. Andrew got the blow gun and the bow and arrow that are used for capturing monkey's in Asia. Many of these things in their house is what inspired and still does inspire me to travel. Just seeing things that I don't understand and want to experience has ledme on this journey. We only spent a night with our grandparents then headed back to Portland. It was fun to play with Naomi. She's so cute. Went up into the mountains and did some skeet shooting. It's actually quite difficult. To through the skeet that is. haha. But it was a good time. I left my brother and his family on the 12th and went to Hawaii.
I spent a month in Hawaii. Visiting my mom's parents in Oahu and my parents on Maui. Spent a weekend on the Big Island with my best friend from High school Ryan and his family. Hung out with friends on Oahu for the rest of the month of January. Went online everyday trying to find jobs. I am running low on cash so I was forced to sell some of my stock that was
put away for me for my education. I used very little of it so it was emergency money that I used so I could go to Australia and not have to find a job right away. I booked my flight to Sydney. I would leave on the 8th and Arrive on the 9th. Hung out with friends from Yardhouse and friends from Uni. Went to dinner with Rhea and Lex and spent a few days with B-Sauce and Frubaba.

Photos
My niece Naomi
Muana Kahalawai, Maui
Sunset near Lahaina, Maui
Me and a Sea Lion at Sea life Park, Oauh

No comments:

Post a Comment